Legal Polycentrism and Contractarianism ~ a paper by JB Wiśniewski

Home Forums Coffee Shop Legal Polycentrism and Contractarianism ~ a paper by JB Wiśniewski

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Spooner Bookman 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

• Author

Jacob
    Keymaster

I found an academic paper, (only 8 pages, don’t worry,) that argues that polycentric legal systems can (in theory) be successfully created and maintained on a “voluntary and contractual” basis, while monocentric legal systems can not. The paper briefly criticizes two prominent authors in the field, Robert Nozick and James M. Buchanan, who both argued that monocentric legal institutions could be created on a contractual basis, but who had different arguments regarding the character of the contracts involved.

I thought people here might find it interesting, and that I would find all of your thoughts on the paper interesting! So, what do you all think of it?

Spooner Bookman
    Participant

Nice paper, very well written. I was already pretty convinced by the old critiques from Block and Rothbard, so this paper is just another nail in the coffin for me, but still enjoyed the read, thanks, for sharing!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.