Nuclear Weapons – Minute Physics

Home Forums Coffee Shop Nuclear Weapons – Minute Physics

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Jacob 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Jacob
    Keymaster

I found this video on the possibility of “nuclear winter” interesting, and thought others here might too.

I also found the idea of “divesting” interesting as a form of activism. The video sends viewers to a site where they can see what mutual funds they can invest in without contributing to companies that produce different weapons like nukes or landmines. It makes me wonder if other lists exist for other causes. I’m pretty sure groups exist that try to determine what companies animal welfare advocates can safely support, but what about environmental issues or other causes? Anyone know of good watchdog groups to share?

Of course, if one wanted to boycott all the companies involved in any practice one disliked, one might end up without any companies to patronize at all, depending on what values one held… But perhaps one could settle for withdrawing support in the most extreme cases.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.